WCG 2019 Xi’an – DOTA 2
Online Qualifier Rules
● Game Version: DOTA 2 (Steam version)
● Minimum Age Requirement: 16 & Above
➢ Anyone born after Mar 11, 2003 will not be able to attend.
● General provisions
➢ Competition Method: 5 vs. 5 Teams
➢ Tournament Format: Single Elimination
➢ Match Type: Online
➢ Match Format
- Early rounds: BO1
- Final Round (Semi finals of each National Qualifier / Regional Qualifier): BO3
➢ Regional Qualification Requirements
APAC Region, AMERICAS Region, EUROPE Region
1) National Qualifiers
· National Qualifier brackets will be played until the conclusion of the semi-finals. The remaining two (2) players need not complete the final match in the bracket. Each player will advance to the Regional Online Qualifier.
2) Regional Qualifiers
· The top eight (8) placing players in each regional qualifiers will be invited to the regional finals for their region.
CHINA Region (Mainland China)
1) Early rounds : BO1
2) Final Round (Quarter final) : BO3
· China's Qualifier matches will only go on until the end of the round of 16. The remaining eight (8) players will proceed to the Regional Final for their region.
➢ Game Length : Until the winner is determined.
➢ Game Winner : The winning team is defined as the team that destroys their opponent's Ancient first, or forces their opponents to surrender. There is no time limit.
➢ Seedings will be generated randomly.
➢ Sides & Bans
APAC, AMERICAS and EUROPE Region
1) Selection Priority will be set to Automatic (Virtual Coin Toss).
China Region (Mainland china only)
➢ There are no item or hero restrictions
➢ Backdooring is allowed.
➢ Only the Team Captain may contact an Admin (WCG Committee, Referee)
- Players may communicate with WCG Committee or referee through WCG official channels.
1) Global (Except Mainland China)
· In order to do so, you need your Battlefy username as well as the tournament join code you received from WCG and used to register for the competition on Battlefy. (Except China Region)
2) China (Mainland China)
· In order to do so, you need Varena username as well as tournament join code that you received from WCG.
➢ A player may only register for one team during the tournament.
➢ During the competition each player must have their official info setup properly.
➢ Teams are not allowed to start the game until each team has their complete roster in the game lobby. If all 5 team member aren’t present 10 minutes past the time of each team checking in for the match on Battlefy, the team without enough players will forfeit the match. If neither team has enough players after the designated period of time, an admin may disband the match and disqualify both teams.
➢ Only authorized spectators are allowed to provide a video stream of the game. Video streams must have a delay and be made from inside the game.
➢ All participating players must have the option “invites from non-friend” enabled in their game settings in order to receive the lobby invite from the Battlefy platform
➢ Watching or listening to any video stream or DotaTV stream during the match is prohibited.
➢ If you have been banned by Valve for competitive play, you may not participate in this event.
● Game Settings
➢ Game Mode: Captains Mode
➢ Server Location: Variable
➢ Bots: No
➢ Enable Cheats: No
➢ Allow Spectators: Yes
➢ DOTA TV delay (or any video streaming) – 5 minutes, unless chosen otherwise by the WCG Committee.
● Item Sharing
➢ The sharing of basic regeneration items, consumables, and gems is allowed. Items shared may not be kept or used for any other purpose (i.e., reselling).
➢ It is not allowed to purposefully suicide to drop items for another player.
● Abuse & Exploitation
➢ Exploiting game and/or map bugs/glitches/flaws ("exploits") for the purposes of gaining an unfair advantage is prohibited. Exploits that are not specifically named in the official rules are prohibited but will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
➢ Any cheats, hacks or exploits are illegal and not allowed in play.
- The usage of any Dota-related tool aside from Steam and Dota 2 during a match is strictly forbidden. This includes the use of macros.
- In the case of any bugs or other issues not enumerated in these rules, a case by case ruling will be made by the administration on how to continue.
● Disconnects and Reconnects / Pause:
➢ A team may pause the match to allow time for a player to reconnect after an unintentional disconnect.
- If an entire team quits or disconnects, they will automatically forfeit the game.
➢ Pauses should be limited to problems that can be solved within 10 minutes.
➢ Player must declare in all-chat and provide the reason for the pause.
➢ Pauses need to be announced in the chat before pausing of the game. Both teams need to agree on resuming the game play before resuming the game.
● Server Crash
➢ If a server crash occurs, then the referee or admin will decide either between restarting the game or awarding the game to one of the teams. In the case that a game ends due to a server crash with one team having a clear and significant advantage, the referee or admin may make the decision on the result of game.
● Unfair play
➢ The following actions are considered unfair play, which can be penalized by official warning, forfeit or disqualification at the discretion of the WCG Committee:
- the use of any unapproved program including hacks and cheats.
- an intentional disconnection.
- the use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings.
- any “unnecessary chatting” during the match.Intentionally losing a match.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior or, in general, disruptive (e.g., abusive language), inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player.
- The use of a game bug that is determined by the WCG Committee as being unfair.
- If you intentionally use a game bug for an advantage, you may receive penalties or may be subject to disqualification.
● Country by WCG Region
➢ APAC Region
Australia, Brunei, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong (China), India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau (China), Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam
➢ AMERICAS Region
USA, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela
➢ EUROPE Region
Algeria, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK) and Uzbekistan
➢ CHINA Region: China (Mainland)
● Final provisions
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended in the following cases:
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to modify in-game settings and options required by the use of most recent patch version/release.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to use a newly released Cheat Protection Program and/or cheat protection functions.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to change game settings and/or operations guidelines due to differences between online and offline tournaments.
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended by the WCG committee in its sole discretion at any time.
Version: Mar 11, 2019
VR Championship 2019-05-10 Views 153