WCG 2019 Xi’an – Hearthstone
Online Qualifier Rules
● Game Version: Hearthstone
(with the latest game version)
● Minimum Age Requirement: 16 & Above
➢ Anyone born after Mar 11, 2003 will not be able to participate.
● General provisions
➢ Competition Method : 1 vs 1
➢ Tournament Format : Single Elimination
➢ Match Type : Online
➢ Match Format : 1 Specialist Match
(3 games, BO3)
The tournament will be played in the Specialist format.
1) The Specialist format follows these rules:
· Players submit three decks from the same class.
· Players designate one deck as a primary deck, then designate the other two decks as secondary and tertiary.
2) Secondary and tertiary decks may have up to 5 cards different from the primary deck. For the purposes of this modification, two duplicate cards in the primary deck lists counts as two cards.
3) Players must play game one of each match with their primary deck.
4) At the beginning of game two and on, players may decide to keep playing their primary deck, or switch to one of their secondary or tertiary decks.
5) Deck decisions for game two and on are performed at the start of each game simultaneously and in secret from the opposing player. (e.g., “in the blind”).
- Matches are played in "Standard" format.
➢ Regional Qualification Requirements
APAC, AMERICAS and EUROPE Region
1) National Qualifiers
· National Qualifier brackets will be played until the conclusion of the semi-finals. The remaining two (2) players need not complete the final match in the bracket. Each player will advance to the Regional Online Qualifier.
2) Regional Qualifiers
· The top eight (8) placing players in each regional qualifies will be invited to the regional finals for their region.
CHINA Region (Mainland China)
1) China's Qualifier matches will only go on until the end of the round of 16.The remaining eight (8) players will proceed to the Regional Final for their region.
➢ Game Length : Until the winner is determined.
➢ Players with incorrect or incomplete battletags may be eliminated from the tournament even if they are seeded in brackets.
➢ Seedings will be generated randomly.
➢ The player with the higher seed invites the opponent.
➢ Players may communicate with the WCG Committee or referee through the WCG official channel. In order to do so, you need your Battlefy username as well as the tournament join code you received from WCG and used to register for the competition on Battlefy.
➢ Only WCG observer accounts can spectate matches. Other spectators must be kicked out immediately.
● Match Rules
➢ Players may not use ‘Whizbang the Wonderful’ in their decks.
➢ If the game ends in a draw (Both heroes are left with zero or less health), both players shall replay the match using the same decks, no score shall be recorded for the draw match.
➢ If the game ends in a draw (Game Client ends game due to turn limit), the player with the most health and armor combined will be the winner.
➢ Screenshots of the "Victory/Defeat" screen must be taken after every game by each player. (Ensure both battletags are clearly visible.)
➢ After each game, the winning player must submit the game score and screenshot via Battlefy.
● Disconnects and Reconnects / Pause:
➢ Each Player is responsible for their own internet connection.
➢ If one player disconnects during the match, the opponent must wait for that player up to 5 minutes. If the opponent does not connect after 5 minutes, the player still connected will be awarded the match win.
➢ In order to verify your win via disconnect, you must take and upload a screenshot to Battlefy that shows the disconnected time at 5 minutes or higher.
● Unfair play
➢ The following actions are considered unfair play, which can be penalized by official warning, forfeiture or disqualification at the discretion of the WCG Committee:
- The use of any unapproved program including hacks and cheats.
- An intentional disconnection.
- Any “unnecessary chatting” during the match.Intentionally losing a match.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior or, in general, disruptive (e.g., abusive language), inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player.
- The use of a game bug that is determined by the WCG Committee as being unfair.
- If you intentionally use a game bug for an advantage, you may receive penalties or may be subject to disqualification.
● Country by WCG Region
➢ APAC Region
Australia, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong (China), India, Indonesia, Japan, Macau (China), Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam
➢ AMERICAS Region
Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, USA and Venezuela
➢ EUROPE Region
Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom (UK)
➢ CHINA Region: China (Mainland)
● Final provisions
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended in the following cases:
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to modify in-game settings and options required by the use of most recent patch version/release.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to use a newly released Cheat Protection Program and/or cheat protection functions.
- Should the WCG Committee, at its sole discretion, decide to change game settings and/or operations guidelines due to differences between online and offline tournaments.
➢ The above-mentioned rules may be amended by the WCG committee in its sole discretion at any time.
Version: Mar 11, 2019