WCG Terms and Conditions (Membership)
- WCG, Inc. (“WCG” or the “Company”) welcomes you and thanks you for your use of WCG’s Services and your interest and participation in the WCG Competitions.
- WCG operates in an unbiased, neutral, and fair manner with respect to social and/or political issues.
- WCG has prepared the WCG Terms and Conditions (Membership) (these “Terms and Conditions” or “User Agreement”) so that Members can more conveniently and easily access/use the WCG Competitions, related events, and all Services provided in connection thereto. These Terms and Conditions include useful information to assist Members using WCG Services in their use of such WCG Services.
- Section 1. General Provisions
- Section 2. Execution of the User Agreement
Article 5. Use Application and Method
- ① A person who wishes to use the Services provided by the Company shall fill out the application form for the use of the Services provided on the Company’s website, etc., and apply for the use of the Services after agreeing to the User Agreement.
- ② When applying for the use of the Services, the User must provide all information requested by the Company and actual information such as the User’s real name, and the User may use the Services through the identity verification method provided by the Company (confirmation of verified email); provided, however, that if the actual information or identification information is falsely entered or the name of another person is used, the membership rights under the User Agreement may not be claimed, and the Company may cancel or terminate the User Agreement.
- ③ Users under the age of 14 are restricted from applying for the use of the Services.
Article 6. Acceptance of the User Agreement and Restrictions
- ① If the User has applied for the use of the Services in accordance with Article 5 by accurately entering their actual information, the Company shall approve the User’s use application so long as there are no significant issues.
- ② The Company may choose not to approve the application for the use of the Services or cancel the application for the use of the Services in the case of such applications falling under any of the following:
- 1. When the application for the use of the Services is in violation of Article 5;
- 2. When the User applies for the use of the Services with the intent of committing acts prohibited by law;
- 3. When the Company determines that the Company’s business has been interfered with or that there are concerns of interference due to illegal activities such as fraud, hacking, illegal program misuse, etc.;
- 4. When a User whose User Agreement has been terminated in accordance with Article 14 reapplies for the use of the Services;
- 5. If the Company does not have sufficient facilities to provide the Services, or when there is a technical issue; or
- 6. In cases where it is determined that approval would be inappropriate due to similar reasons to those enumerated in Subparagraphs 1 through 6.
Article 7. Provision of and Changes to Member Information
- ① If a Member is required to provide information to the Company under these Terms and Conditions, the Member shall provide true information, and shall not be protected against any disadvantages arising from the provision of false information..
- ② Members can view and modify their personal information, excluding information required for management of the Services such as real names, dates of birth, etc., at any time through the personal information management page.
- ③ If a Member’s information entered at the time of application for the use of the Services has changed, such Member must make the changes online or notify the Company of the changes by email or other such method.
- ④ The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages arising from a failure to notify the Company of changes under Paragraph 3 in this Article.
Article 8. Protection and Management of Personal Information
- ③ The Company shall not be liable for any information, including Members’ account information, that have been leaked at the fault of the Members.
- Section 3. Obligations of the Parties
- Section 4. Provision and Suspension of the Services, etc.
Article 11. Provision and Suspension of the Services
- ① The Company shall provide Members with various information related to the WCG Competitions and all other Services.
- ② In principle, the Services shall be provided 24 hours a day, all year round.
- ③ The Company has comprehensive authority over the production, revision, maintenance, and repair of the contents of the Services, and it may change all or a part of the Services it is providing according to the operational and technical needs if there are significant grounds to do so.
- ④ If the Services are changed in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Company shall post the grounds for such changes, the contents of the Services to be changed, etc. on the website of the Services.
- ⑤ The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of the Services for maintenance checks of the computers, etc., replacements and breakdowns, and communication interruptions, or if there are significant operational grounds to do so. In this case, the Company shall notify the Members through the method stipulated in Article 18; provided, however, that if the Company cannot give prior notice due to unavoidable circumstances, it can give notice after the fact.
Article 12. Attribution of Rights
- ② Members may not use or enable a third party to use the information to which the Company owns intellectual property rights which have been obtained while using the Services provided by the Company for commercial purposes by reproducing, transmitting, publishing, distributing, broadcasting, or using such other method without the Company’s prior approval.
- ③ This Article shall be effective while the Company operates the Services and shall survive even after the Member withdraws from the membership of this Services.
Article 13. Provision of Information and Advertisements
- ① The Company may provide various information deemed necessary during the Members’ use of the Services through announcement, email, etc.; provided, however, that if such information is transmitted to a Member’s mobile phone or copy transmission device, the prior consent of the Member shall be obtained before transmission.
- ③ The Company may post advertisements on the website, etc. of the Services with respect to the operation of the Company’s Services. In addition, advertising information may be sent through email, messaging service (LMS, SMS), smartphone notification (push notice), etc., limited to Members who have agreed to the receipt thereof. Members receiving emails, etc. containing advertisements may opt-out with the Company at any time, and the Company shall not send advertisements to the Members if they have opted-out.
- ④ The Company may link third parties’ advertisements or service pages through banners, links, etc. among the Services provided by the Company.
- ⑤ In the event a Member is linked to a third party’s advertisement or service page in accordance with Paragraph 4, as such page does not fall under the Company’s Services, the Company does not guarantee the reliability, safety, etc. of such page and shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the Member therefrom; provided, however, that this shall not apply if the Company has, intentionally or through gross negligence, facilitated the incurrence of damages or failed to take measures to prevent such damages.
- Section 5. Cancellation and Termination of the User Agreement
- Section 6. Damages, etc.
Article 16. Damages
- ① If the Company causes damages to the Member either intentionally or through gross negligence, it shall be liable for indemnifying such damages.
- ② Members who violate these Terms and Conditions and cause damages to the Company shall be liable for indemnifying such damages.
Article 17. Indemnification of the Company
- ① The Company shall be relieved of its obligation to provide the Services if it cannot provide such Services due to natural disasters or other force majeure events.
- ② The Company shall be exempted from liability for the suspension of Services, impairment of the use of the Service, or the termination of the User Agreement at the fault of the Member.
- ③ If the Services are suspended or impaired due to unavoidable circumstances, such as repairs, replacements, periodic inspections, ad hoc inspections, construction, etc. announced in advance by the Company, the Company shall be exempted from liability therefor unless there is intent or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
- ④ The Company shall be exempted from liability for all issues arising from the Members’ computer circumstances and all issues arising from network circumstances unless there is intent or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
- ⑤ The Company shall not be liable for any damages, etc. incurred in relation to the suspension, impairment of use, etc. of affiliated services and other such affiliated service-related issues that were not caused by the fault of the Company.
- ⑥ The Company shall not be liable for any damages, etc. incurred in the use of the Services from a Members’ failures to manage their Passwords, personal information, authentication methods, etc.; provided, however, that this shall not apply if there is intent or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
Article 18. Notice to Members
- ① When the Company notifies a Member, it may do so through the email, messaging service, etc. designated by the Member.
- ② When the Company notifies all Members, it may replace the notice in Paragraph 1 by posting the notice on the initial page of the Company’s website or on a pop-up screen in such website for at least 7 days.
Article 19. Governing Law
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Korea.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply from [DATE].